CSPD school libraries are physical and digital places of inquiry and reading.
They provide access to a range of resources that help kids on their Learning journey and help inspire purposeful learning.
Through access to our library resources and services, students develop a range of learner dispositions and capabilities to cultivate a culture of curiosity, creativity, imagination and innovation.
The teacher librarian and the classroom teacher collaborate to develop units of work from the various Key Learning Areas such as History, Geography, Science and Technology, and English. Learning technologies (computers, digital camera, scanner, video camera, data projector), are just some of the technologies successfully integrated into the curriculum.
Resource-based learning (RBL) is the preferred model of research at Our Lady of Mt Carmel. The students engage with a variety of resources (paper based as well as electronic). RBL is used in order to aid students in their journey in the information process as they acquire the necessary information skills in their quest for lifelong learning.
Benefits of resource based learning:
- teaching research and information skills in context
- small groups - collaborative teaching and planning (class teacher and teacher librarian)
- lessens the inequity of students with little or no information technologies at home
- all students achieve / succeed - small groups (emphasis on the learner)
- students learn the responsibility and skills of completing research assignments (on their own or collaboratively within a group situation)
eLibrary is the digital gateway to the range of quality online resources that encourage and enhance reading and support inquiry learning.
Access our elibrary